When it comes to styling your hair, you can’t go wrong with a curling iron. They’re easy to use and can be used for many different styles including the classic roller set look. But curling hair without heat is not as simple as using a curling iron — you may be surprised by what will work for you!
Curling your hair without heat is possible, and it doesn’t require much time! It is a great tool to save time and effort.
Curling your hair can be a lot of fun, but it can damage the hair in the long run. You don’t want that to happen, especially when trying to grow your curls.
Achieving the perfect curl of the hair is not easy but not impossible either. The problem is that the weather, texture of your hair, etc may or may not result in just how you want your hair to ‘Curl’.
Are you looking to learn how to curl your hair without heat? The first thing you need to know is that this can be done. There are several ways to curl your hair without heat and today we will cover 5 easy ways that people use to achieve the same look.
1. Wash your hair and let it dry
- Put a little bit of dry shampoo in the palm of your hand, massage it through your hair and then brush it out.
- Put a small amount of product on your fingertips and rub them together to distribute the product evenly throughout your hair.
- Wrap a hot towel around your head for 10-15 minutes to create curls or waves in your curly hair.
- Rinse and repeat steps 2-4 as necessary until you have created the desired curl pattern or wave pattern on all areas of your head.
2. Separate your hair into small sections.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner and deep conditioner to each section of your hair
- Wrap the hair around the curling iron or wand, starting from the end of your hair and working toward the root. Secure with bobby pins as you wrap the entire section around the tool
- When you reach the end of your section, hold it in place with bobby pins and wrap another section over it until you reach the tip of your head.
- Repeat steps 3 through 4 for all sections of your hair
3. Tightly twist a small section of hair in your hand.
- Take a pin and hold it at the base of the twist.
- Using your fingers, bend the hair in an “S” shape and hold for two seconds.
- Release the twist and repeat with the next section of hair until all of your hair is twisted into a spiral pattern.
- Let your hair air or blow dry straight to create volume and texture!
This is how you can twist style your hair in various hairstyles like passion twist hair.
4. Secure each twisted section with a hair tie.
- Gently pull the hair from the left side of your head over to the right, making sure not to pull too hard or too fast.
- Repeat on the other side of your head
- Repeat step 3 until all of your hair is on the right side of your head
- Twist back into place and secure with another hair tie
5. Let your hair dry
The first step to getting curls is to let your hair dry. You want to avoid heat as much as possible. So if you can let the water evaporate and not use a towel or wrap, then do so. This takes a little longer, but it’s worth it for the look you’ll achieve with less frizz and flyaways.
Curls can be tricky to get, especially for those who have naturally straight hair. While it would be nice to have natural curls, many prefer the look of long-lasting waves or curls. Luckily, there are ways to get these curls without using heat tools. You don’t have to wait all day for your hair to dry nature’s way or spend hours applying heated rollers and hoping you’ve created perfect ringlets. By using a few simple techniques, getting curls doesn’t need to take an eternity or cost an incredible amount of money, or you can have curly extensions to get the cute curls you’ve always wanted without using hot tools.