International travel increasingly involves testing, and many people will have to take tests when they get home. Anyone traveling to or from the UK will discover that, unless they go to one of the seven places on the “red list,” where vacations and casual travel are prohibited, they will be required to take a PCR test upon arrival in the country. The Day 2 PCR test requirement implies that it needs to be on the second day following returning to the UK. Here you can read about the day 2 PCR test and also who needs this.
Why is a Day 2 PCR test important?
The PCR test finds specific genetic material from the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 fragments. This test involves using a cotton swab to collect a smear from the nose and throat. The test sensitivity of the PCR is so good. It indicates that the PCR test picks up the virus in a person even if they do not have many viruses in their body anymore or are only mildly infected.
When do you require a Day 2 PCR test?
Those who meet the requirements for complete vaccination must quarantine and undergo a PCR test by the end of Day 2 after reaching England. Take a PCR Covid test within two days before beginning your return trip to the UK, and acquire a negative result. Before your trip, arrange and spend some money for a day 2 PCR test. You must take your day 2 test on that day or earlier.
Some rules you need to know about the day 2 PCR test
- Immediately upon the discovery of the omicron version, on November 30, this rule went into effect.
- You must self-isolate following the test until you have gotten a negative result.
- Day 2 tests are necessary for everyone entering the UK, regardless of vaccination status.
- Check the situation of the country you are arriving from because the directions are distinct if you are flying from one.
- The day 2 test, in contrast to the pre-departure test, must be a PCR test.
- The passenger location form must be completed up to 48 hours before your flight and requires your booking reference.
- Before you head to the airport to catch your flight to the UK, you must schedule your day 2 PCR test.
Where to book your Day 2 PCR test?
The Fit to Fly test is ideal for travelers who need to prove a negative COVID-19 test result and are traveling on vacation or need to fly for other reasons. Book your day 2 PCR test with Official Rapid Tests. Their rates are affordable for all the classes. If you carefully follow their too clear video directions for how to take your test, you should get a valid result. After getting the findings from their lab, they will send them to you within 24 hours. So, only prefer and arrange your Day PCR test from Official Rapid Tests.