Ceramic worktops are trending worldwide, usurping the long-held popularity of natural stone worktops like marble and granite. A manmade material usually associated with fragile chinaware, ceramic or porcelain worktops have taken homeowners by surprise. Ceramic-based worktops are manufactured by intensive, high-pressure compression and high-temperature kilning. This is followed by gradual cooling, which makes the molten slab of clay, quartz, and feldspar impervious to heat, physical damage, chemicals, UV exposure, and so on.
5 Reasons to Choose Ceramic Worktops
Kitchen worktops should be well-equipped to withstand daily prepping, cooking, and miscellaneous chores. Homeowners often go ahead and google ‘worktop installers near me’ without researching the material they want. The choice of worktop material plays a huge role in determining how long the worktop lasts without stains, physical damage, and eventually requiring repairs or replacement. It should be practical and not warrant frequent, expensive maintenance procedures. Above all, kitchen worktops need to have lasting eye appeal and not lose their visual allure or fade away in a couple of years. Across all these parameters, porcelain worktops are known to be highly advantageous.
- Attractive and Versatile– Every homeowner desires kitchen countertops that impress onlookers and retain their sheen/allure for ages. It is usually the priority they have in mind while searching for ‘worktop installers near me’. The sheer variety of ceramic worktop colours, patterns, and finishes is overwhelming. They are stylish and artfully blend with all kinds of kitchen fittings, cabinets, fixtures, and lighting. The UV-resistance of ceramic also makes it suitable for alfresco kitchens.
- Fuss-Free Cleaning and Maintenance– An initial round of expert sealing right after installation is all it takes for a ceramic worktop to be perpetually low-maintenance. No special cleaning agent is required for ceramic surfaces. Any mild kitchen cleaner, water, and a duster will do. Keep ceramic countertops looking great by cleaning them daily.
- Eco-Friendly– Consumers today are highly keen on being environmentally conscious in all their purchase decisions. Primarily made of clay and silica, ceramic is a biodegradable and non-toxic material. These worktops can be easily sourced from local manufacturers and installed with minimal carbon impact. This renders ceramic a highly conscientious choice as opposed to exotic, imported marble, quartzite, and granite worktops.
- Highly Impermeable– Day-to-day kitchen activities entail a lot of spilling and possible staining of work surfaces. Porcelain worktops are completely non-porous and non-reactive to all kinds of liquids and food spills. This makes them perfect for bustling, modern kitchens. On the other hand, marble, wood, and quartzite are soft and porous. If not sealed regularly, all kinds of liquids will seep into their pores and cause grave hygiene issues.
- Unfailing Longevity– Due to meticulous kilning and strengthening, ceramic countertops boast impressive durability. Homeowners can place hot and heavy objects on them without worrying about dents, cracks, scratches, or scalding. As long as porcelain slabs/tiles are professionally installed, they will last a lifetime. On the other hand, an amateur installation might leave scope for errors and warrant difficult spot repairs.
Although charming, natural stones like marble and quartzite are expensive and tiresome to maintain. A ceramic worktop is a cost-friendly and practical option for kitchens, bathrooms, and other interior spaces. Neither does one worry about continuous water exposure nor mildew and other hygiene concerns. Homeowners can pick from a wide range of finishes- rustic, matte, silky, satin, glossy, river-washed, and so on. Lastly and most importantly, ceramic countertops are available in every imaginable colour and shade, making the kitchen design experience a joyous cakewalk!