Are you someone who desperately wants to achieve the dream physique you’ve been dreaming of but need an extra push during your workouts? This is where a pre-workout will help you. All you have to do is include pre-workout supplements in your diet and routine. This will give you the energy boost you need and help you smash your way through your limits during your workout and realize your dream.
But in a world where various products pop up every other day, how do you find the best pre workout supplement that is right for you, your workout, and your goals? This article aims to solve this concern by listing a handful of crucial factors and pointers to look for in a pre-workout supplement before buying and using it.
But before delving any further, you must first understand what a pre-workout is and if you should use it.
Pre-workout supplements provide your body with a boost in energy that enhances your performance during your workout. Pre-workout supplements can be available in drinks, pills, powders, and other forms. The supplements contain ingredients that improve your performance, like caffeine, beta-alanine, creatine, amino acids, etc., which can be mixed into milk or water.
Pre-workouts do not indulge in building muscle but instead give you the energy to perform your workout and improve your endurance and focus. There are days when everyone needs more motivation to go through their workouts. This is where a pre-workout helps you beat the lethargy and find the motivation you need to carry yourself through the process. Pre-workouts also help you improve your performance on good days and help you better yourself to help you attain your desired results.
Before looking for pre-workout supplements, you must consider the exercises you perform during the workout. The best pre workout will help you attain goals specific to you. Hence, finding the right ingredients in the product you choose becomes crucial. Understanding the ingredients and what they do shall help you in the process. Here are some ingredients commonly found in most pre-workouts.
- Beta-Alanine: A staple ingredient in most pre-workout supplements, this ingredient helps your body combat the burning sensation you may find in your muscle to push a few extra reps during a set.
- Caffeine: This ingredient will give you the push you need to endure the hardships of your workouts. It will go a long way in enhancing your performance and strength.
- Creatine: This ingredient boosts your strength and aids in quick muscle recovery, promoting lean muscle mass growth.
- L-Citrulline: This ingredient aids in opening up your arteries and veins to reduce blood pressure and improve blood flow. Doing this will allow oxygen and nutrients to reach your muscles faster, helping you better your workout.
- BCAAs: BCAAs stand for branched-chain amino acids that consist of valine, isoleucine and leucine. BCAAs help in minimizing protein breakdown and promote muscle growth. One rule is to find BCAAs in the ratio of 2:1:1 of leucine, isoleucine, and valine, respectively, in weight.
- Vitamin D: Consuming Vitamin D between 1000-2000 IU will help you recover from the hardships of your workout and improve your muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness.
- Magnesium: Most people lack magnesium. The daily recommended dose is between 200 to 400 mg for adults. This ingredient will aid in muscle contractions and promote bodily functions and muscle growth.
- Beetroot: This ingredient will improve endurance and provide a muscle pump crucial during strength training.
While there could be other ingredients in a product, you will find the ingredients listed in this article in the best pre-workout supplements available in the market. They will help you to a great extent during your workout.