The well-known Montessori Method of instruction serves as the basis for the Montessori curriculum. It is a method of instruction that enables kids to learn through independent pursuits. The learning tools are self-correcting and provide quick feedback on the performance of the students at schools in Noida.
The Montessori Method makes use of a classroom arrangement that gives children enough freedom to roam about freely and participate in activities that inspire them. Students are instructed utilising the international Montessori Plus method at schools in Noida. The methodology is used at our preschool-aged Montessori school to give youngsters a well-rounded education.
The Montessori curriculum combines classic and contemporary learning methods to provide kids with special learning opportunities as they grow and develop.
The Foundations of Montessori Education
The Montessori Method of instruction is based in Noida schools on five stout foundations, namely
1. Program “Excelerate”
This curriculum aims to accelerate pupils’ basic literacy abilities while maintaining excellence. It approaches education with an individualistic philosophy. Due to this, students are now quick and enthusiastic learners.
The curriculum integrates activities like reading, speaking, listening, and writing skills because it wants to aid students in becoming fluent in their target language. The use of enjoyable math activities and games further enables pupils to strengthen their numeracy skills.
2. Multiple-faceted education
The Montessori education system holds that every kid is special. In light of this, the curriculum makes use of interactive activities to foster students’ intellectual development while enhancing their personalities. Students can develop in all facets of their lives because to this all-encompassing approach to learning.
3. iPlay software
Play gives preschoolers the opportunity to develop socially, emotionally, and physically, and it also makes them happy. Students can interact while learning in an environment that has been built by the institution.
They have the flexibility to decide how to play, with whom to play, and what kind of play they choose to engage in. The professors give these games the strictest possible supervision. Through this process, students learn knowledge that helps them develop management, teamwork, and self-reliance abilities.
4. iCare initiative
The Montessori curriculum places a strong emphasis on raising students’ environmental and societal awareness. It plans events like gardening and fundraising campaigns. The fundamental virtues of generosity, respect, kindness, and compassion are taught to students.
Children learn the value of being on time, being honest, and having integrity as they take part in numerous community events and interact with others. This lays a solid foundation for future character development.
5. The initiative Future Ready
This programme enables students to begin studying the important facets of the twenty-first century as soon as possible. To teach pupils mathematics, technology, science, the arts, and engineering, it employs a hands-on approach. Students are encouraged to be creative and to think critically as a result.
There are many different subjects available in the Montessori program. Students have the option of learning Hindi and English. Math, environmental awareness, dance, and music are additional subjects taught at the school. Science, technology, engineering, art, and math, or STEAM, are important areas that are also covered in the curriculum. Students benefit from both structured and unstructured play.
There is a suitable age for students to enroll in Noida School’s Montessori program. The ideal age for pre-nursery is 2.5 years old or older. Students must be at least 3.5 years old to be eligible for junior KG/K1, and at least 4.5 years old to be eligible for senior KG/K2.
The Global Montessori Program’s “Plus”
The “Plus” in the Global Montessori plus Program denotes the incorporation of contemporary knowledge and research into the conventional educational theory. It offers a blend of traditional education and cutting-edge electronic learning aids. This kind of teaching gives students a once-in-a-lifetime chance to advance their growth and development.
Two things must be taken into account for a child to develop healthily: high-quality instruction and an engaging learning environment. These two elements are combined into the rigorous Montessori programme, which supports a well-rounded education.
The Montessori curriculum’s advantages
A child’s early learning experiences greatly influence how successful they will be academically in the future. The Montessori curriculum is introduced to kids at an early age, so students can benefit greatly from the hands-on learning experience throughout their future academic careers. Some advantages that come with this kind of program for kids are
1. The curriculum gives children the skills they need to smoothly move into Grade One. Concepts can be absorbed and understood more quickly by students when they are younger. As they continue in their academic careers, students are prepared to confront new obstacles.
2. The programme helps the young students acquire fundamental abilities like reading, math, and writing, ensuring that the elementary and primary curriculum does not overwhelm them.
3. The strategy offers an engaging learning environment that fosters imagination. Through this environment, students can cultivate a positive sense of themselves. Students select their favourite activities and participate in them at their own pace. This makes it easier for them to focus on the procedure rather than the end outcome. A natural path to creativity is therefore created.
4. The welcoming and secure setting that is a hallmark of the Montessori Method fosters a sense of security, love, and respect in children.
5. The approach encourages continuous learning sessions. On their job, children can concentrate and focus well. This helps the kids maintain their composure, self-control, and discipline.
6. Participants in such programmes typically outperform their peers in terms of academic performance, social skills, and emotional maturity. These are all necessary elements for effective learning.
7. It provides a child-centered method of teaching. The emphasis is on the unique skills and requirements of the pupils. As a result, they can learn at their own speed and terms. Whether a student is brilliant or average, the Montessori programme is appropriate for them all. Instead than emphasising grading scales, the curriculum concentrates on a child’s talent and character development.