What Documents Are Important For a Home Loan?
A Home Loan is a financing tool that helps individuals and families purchase a home. Many different types of Home Loans exist, each with its own set of terms and conditions. However, some common features of Home Loans include:
- The loan is secured on behalf of the home itself, meaning that if you default the lender can foreclose on the property.
- Home Loan interest rate in India is lower than other types of loans, such as Credit Card Loans or Personal Loans.
- The monthly repayments on a Home Loan are usually fixed, which means they will not change over the tenure of the loan.
- Most Home Loans have a repayment term of 15 or 30 years.
Before you apply for a Home Loan, you must understand the type of Home Loan required documents you’ll need to provide to the lender. This article aims to give you an idea of the same.https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-banking/loans/home-loan/required-documents.html
Why should you be prepared?
Preparation is important if you decide to buy a home. This is because a lender will require proof of your employment, income, debts, and assets to gauge your eligibility for the loan. They may also need to see your credit history.
The better your financial picture looks, the easier it will be to get approved for a loan. So, to ensure you’re prepared, create a checklist of all the required documents. This way, you can be sure you have everything you need in order before you start the application process.
Having all the Home Loan required documents upfront will speed up the loan approval process and help avoid delays. Besides, it’s essential to be patient and organised when applying for a Home Loan. After all, it is one of the biggest financial decisions you’ll ever make in your life.
Documents required for a Home Loan
- Completed and Signed Home Loan Application Form
This form will provide lenders with your personal and financial information, including your employment history, income, debts, and assets. Lenders use this information to identify whether you are eligible for a Home Loan and how much they are willing to lend you.
When completing your Home Loan application form, honesty is important. Lenders will verify the information you provide, so if you exaggerate your income or omit significant debts, it could jeopardise your chances of getting a Home Loan. So, be sure to include all of your debts, even if they are in good standing, as this will give lenders a more accurate picture of your financial situation.
- A valid Identification Document (at least one)
- Driving Licence
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter Identification Card
- Proof of Residency (at least one)
- Card for rationing
- Bills for utility services (such as telephone, electric, and water bills)
- Statements from your bank with your address or Passbooks
- An official passport
- Voter ID
- Letter of employment
- Proof of Age (a minimum of one document)
- Marksheet for the 10th grade
- An official passport
- A copy of the birth certificate
- A valid driver’s licence
- Aadhar Card
You must submit the following documents if you are a salaried employee.
- Copy of Form-16
- A copy of the most recent income tax return
- Salary slips for the current month
- If there has been an increment in salary, the letter should be provided
Self-employed individuals should submit the following income documents.
- A statement of your bank account
- A copy of the most recent Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement
- An official copy of your income tax return
- Proof of the address of the business
- Copy of Form-16A (if applicable)
- A qualification certificate is required for accountants, doctors, etc.
- License details for your business
Non-resident Indians (NRIs) should provide the following documents.
- A copy of your passport and a valid visa
- An official worker’s permit
- Bank Statements (both overseas and in the country of residence)
- In the case of salaried employees, a letter of appointment with the most recent salary slip should be provided
- Employee ID (if applicable)
- Proof of overseas residence
Documents related to the property also need to be submitted. This includes an agreement to sell or a sale deed, no objection certificate (NOC) from the builder or association, estimation of construction costs, payment receipts for property taxes, land or building tax receipts, and approval of the building plan. If you make an advance payment to the builder, you can also ask for the receipt of the payment.
When applying for a Home Loan, be sure to have all the necessary documents in order and be aware of the Home Loan interest rate in India. Having everything in order will ensure that the process is much smoother.