Baths have long been an integral part of every bathroom in the UK. However, with time showers have also become popular. But the bathroom space is getting less, and there is not much room left or bigger space taking bathroom fittings and fixtures. While a shower takes up less space is often a solution for small bathrooms or where space can become an issue. So as a result, many people started looking for an alternative, and some opted for removing the bathtub for good. But there is a solution that can allow you to enjoy a bath as well as a shower without requiring any extra space. That’s where the L Shape Bath comes. It is a type of shower bathtub that can use for both showering and bathing at the same time.
If you are considering an L-shaped bath, then it is the right time to look for some advice on it.
What Is an L Shape Bath?
It’s what its name says. L shape baths have a design, in same way, to look similar to the alphabet L. So, technically one side has a bit of bend while another end is straight. But designing is not for aesthetic purposes though it looks wonderfully beautiful too. Its design is in such a shape because anyone wanting to have a shower can do so easily and efficiently without a problem. In other words, it is a shower bath, and shower bathtub comes in various shapes that can be I shape, or b shaped as well. So, it depends on what type of shower bath you want to
Advantages of L Shape Baths
There are the following advantages of the L shape bath.
- Shower and Bath Combo. It is a shower bathtub in an L shape, which is a versatile bathroom fixture that can be used for both bathing and showering. These units usually include a bathtub with a possible showerhead attached at one end. Combo units offer the convenience of being able to bathe or shower in the same space without having to choose between one or the other.
- Save Space. Since these are combo units, it technically eliminated the need for separate showers or a bathtub. That means it can be an excellent choice if you want to increase the functionality without compromising on the space. So, that dual functionality is somehow space saving idea for bathrooms where you don’t have separate space available for them.
- Perfect For Family Bathroom. The l shaped shower baths are a perfect choice for family bathrooms as these are bigger and spacious. You can easily bathe your children or pets in it. In a family, different family members may have different likes and dislike; therefore, it can be difficult to offer everyone what they like. By installing the l shape bath in a family bathroom, you can ensure both showers, and bath lovers are catered. At the same time, you don’t need to spend more space or money to increase the functionality of the bathroom.
- Looks Luxurious with a Shower Screen. The way your bathroom looks is a very important matter for most people. What of its use if any bathroom fittings and fixtures make your bathroom look dull and less aesthetically pleasing? The great thing about l shaped bath is that it looks great in any bathroom and can easily become the center of attention due to its luxurious looks. You can further enhance its looks by installing a shower screen on the shower side. It will not only prevent water splashes but will also make it look aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
- Spacious Room for Shower. What’s the benefit of it if it does not offer a spacious shower experience? The bath the shaped is spacious enough to give you enough room for a perfect shower experience. So, if you want to enjoy a good shower while having a bath facility at the same time, then you should choose the shower bathtub.
- Cost Saving. Just imagine how much it would cost if you tried to increase the functionality of your bathroom by installing a separate shower and a separate bathtub. You simply save all that money by installing a shower bath. These baths, depending on the material you choose, do not cost too much over the standard bath. If you are looking for an economical version, then an acrylic shower bathtub may be the perfect option for you.
Is L Shaped Shower Bath a Suitable Option for My Bathroom?
The l shaped shower bath is often a top choice if you don’t want to get rid of your bathtub. But still want a shower installed. At the same time, there is not enough space available to have them separately. Therefore, a shower bath can be an answer to your problem. So, there is no right or wrong for it. It all depends on the available space and your personal preference.
The trend for installing l shaped baths is increasing in the UK. After all, it is a great way to add functionality without compromising the space and spending a lot of money. Our discussion of its benefits will help you make the right decision for your bathroom.